Catarina Belim attends the International VAT Association Spring Conference – “The world of VAT – a kind of fiscal theme park “ – that takes place in Noordwijk (Amsterdam), The Netherlands on the 11 and 12 May 2023.
Professionals will explore the “fiscal theme park” by reflecting on the rollercoaster ride of the last 30 years of the transitional VAT system but also looking ahead how VAT systems are becoming even more complex and the measures that can and need to be taken to reduce fraud by embracing the ever increasing digitalisation of business and addressing VAT challenges caused by the platform economy:
- VAT in the Digital Age package,
- e-invoicing and e-reporting systems being introduced nationally and regionally,
- the extension of the single place of registration and the One Stop Shop regimes,
- the new proposed rules for supplies of short-term accommodation and passenger transport
- developments in environmental taxes and the CBAM, customs, and the latest cases from the EUCJ
The International VAT Association (IVA), formed in 1994, is the world’s leading independent body on international VAT issues, representing the interests of businesses and advisers involved in VAT or equivalent turnover taxes around the globe. The members of the Association are of varying sizes from major international law and accounting firms to smaller businesses, but all being highly specialised in their chosen field of indirect taxation.
Full agenda can be found here.
Please follow here
May 11, 2023Request Info